- Sound Dialogues (a series of conversations I am leading about Sounding Modernity) with ecoartspace
- Music, Sound, and Society in Canada (MSSC), external research fellow, 2022
- Canadian New Music Network (CNMN), advisor 2022
- Green Resilience Project Arts Sector Consultation, participant, January 2022
- Building Public Policy Capacity Consultation, Arts Funder Consortium (Toronto Arts Council, Ontario Arts Council, Canada Council for the Arts, Ontario Trillium Foundation, Metcalf Foundation), led by Shannon Litzenberger, January, 2022
- e86 arts policy, equity and activism class at centennial college, a conversation with Robin Sokoloski, Janis Monture and their students, as part of a class in Art Policy, Equity and Activism at Centennial College in Toronto, November 2021
- e75 radical listening as climate action, my presentation and Q&A period at the FKL’s Unheard Landscapes Symposium about ‘music as acoustic ecology’ and ‘radicality’ in the context of listening and the climate emergency, October 2021
- Sustainability in the Cultural Sector, a panel on culture and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) as part of the 2020 Together-Ensemble conference (my presentation is @ 32 minutes) May 2020.
Note: I have written research, consultation, and strategic reports on a range of issues such as greening operations, inter-arts practices and community-engaged arts for the Canada Council over the years which, rightfully, are not available publicly. Samples for private and confidential use are available upon request.
- Upcoming: Listening Pasts – Listening Futures, featured guest speaker at The World Forum for Acoustic Ecology, March 24, 2023, Florida.
- Nordic Talks: The Future of Activism in the Arts panel moderator, November 25, 2023 Harbourfront, Toronto
- Arts and Climate Leadership panel, Climartathon 2022, Mass Culture
- Arts Uprising: Creative Dissent in the 21st Century, panelist
- Gathering Divergence Multi-Arts Festival & Conference Fall 2021 | Art in the Time of Healing: The Importance of IBPOC Arts in Planetary Renewal, moderator of National Cultural Policy and arts in Response to Climate Change panel with Santee Smith, Anthony Garoufalis-Auger and Devon Hardy on December 10, 2021 organized by CPAMO. See episodes 92, 93 and 94 of the conscient podcast for recordings of the panel and the CPAMO web site for a video.
- BEAST FeAST 2021: Recalibration. I gave a workshop on April 23, 2021 on Reality, Extinction, Grief and Art on April 23, 2021. Here is my Powerpoint.
- Canada-Netherlands Virtual Cultural Trade Mission Panel on ‘Greening the Arts Sector‘, moderated an international panel on November 26, 2020 on greening the arts sector for the Canada-Netherlands Virtual Trade Mission for Canadian Heritage
Note: I have moderated various panels and assessment committees at the Canada Council for the Arts over 21 years as a program officer, manager and strategic advisor. Examples are available upon request.
- Sounding modernity – weekly 5 minute sound mediations (2023), season 4 (2023) of conscient podcast
- e99 Winter Diary Revisited (2022), soundscape composition
- e63 a case study (part 1) and e64 a case study (part 2) (2021), radio play
- e19 reality (2021), soundscape composition
Note: For more examples of my compositions and sound art see: Electro CD.
- Winter Diary Revisited (2022) article for the Institute for Music in Canada
- Rise Up, Dissent, and Disassemble (2022), blog
- Memories of R. Murray Schafer (2021), a remembrance piece for Peterborough Currents
- Microcosm/Microcosme (2020), an essay about quarantines for Musagetes Foundation
- Some questions around listening: Vancouver Soundscape Revisited by Claude Schryer (2016), an article Kathrine Norman about my 1996 composition
- Searching for the Sharawadji Effect: Electroacoustics and Ecology (1998), an article I wrote for Musicworks Magazine about soundscape composition