This bilingual web site presents my professional services as an advisor, speaker and creator about art and the ecological crisis.
I believe that arts and culture, in the context of decolonization, can play a much more impactful role in shaping our collective future and have dedicate the rest of my life to this vocation.
- In March 2020, I launched the conscient podcast, a bilingual learning journey that explores art and the ecological crisis
- In September 2020, I retired as a senior strategic advisor and manager at the Canada Council for the Arts after 21 years of public service in order to devote more time to the existential threat of the climate emergency and related ecological issues;
- In March 2021, I became a founder of the coordination circle of SCALE-LeSAUT, a national hub to develop strategy, align activities, and activate the leadership of Canada’s arts and culture sector in the climate emergency
- In March 2022, I took a break from SCALE-LeSAUT and conscient to do the exercises and reflect upon the questions outlined in Vanessa Andreotti’s Hospicing Modernity
- In May 2022, I started applying my learnings from Hospicing Modernity and the Facing Human Wrongs course and returned to volunteer with SCALE-LeSAUT (currently as chair of the board of directors and member of the Mission Circle) and accept invitations as an advisor, speaker and creator, in the context of decolonization, about art and the ecological crisis.
- On 1 January 2023, I launched the 4th season of the conscient podcast, Sounding Modernity, that explores explores what modernity sounds like, how it affects us and how to ‘create the conditions for other possible worlds to emerge in the wake of what is dying’ as suggested in Preparing for the end of the world as we know it by the Gesturing Towards Decolonial Futures collective.
- On February 21, 2023, almost a year after my ‘break to do exercises’ I feel the need to step back, partially, and focus on the production of conscient
- On September 20, 2023, I decided to step back from being ‘me’ in the sense of letting go of old habits and patterns and adopting other ways of being and life. This being said, I will respond to invitations when my presence is useful.
This web site is in 5 parts :
- bio : bio, CV, Electro CD and Linked In links
- skills : advisor, speaker, creator
- examples: links to documentation of recent activities
- rates : outline
- contact: coordinates
This web site was developed in collaboration with web designer and podcast producer Ayesha Barmania, https://www.ayeshabarmania.com/